May I bring a guest to class?
Guests are permitted, with the following conditions:
- The course must consist of three or more sessions
- The teacher’s permission has been obtained in advance
- The course is not fully registered
- Guest fee of $15 must be paid at the front desk
- A guest may attend a course only one time
What age do I have to be to attend courses?
Students must be in 9th grade or above to register for courses or trips.
No children are permitted on trips or in the buildings during Adult School classes.
Are there make-up classes?
If needed, will be held one week after the final dates.
What if there is bad weather?
Listen to KYW 1060 AM for up-to-date weather cancellations. Our numbers are 2410 or 306.
The class I want says it is cancelled or full.
If you cannot register for a class due to cancellation or being full, please call the office at 215-887-1720 to be put on our waiting list.
Where can I park?
Cheltenham High School’s main parking lot is adjacent to the side entrance off of Route 309. Parking for Adult School classes is permitted in any of the numbered spaces on that lot. No parking is permitted next to the school where there are yellow curb lines. Township police will ticket illegally parked cars.
Where can I pick up a catalog?
Catalogs are available in Cheltenham Township libraries, drug stores and public buildings as well as in nearby Philadelphia and suburban libraries, shops and bookstores. Spring catalogs are mailed in mid-January and fall are mailed mid-August.
Is there an elevator, I am disabled.
Check out our page about disabilities.
I know CTAS is a non-profit organization. How can I make a contribution to show my support for adult education programs?
We would love your support. Please click here to view more information on how to contribute.
If I change my mind or my plans change after I’ve registered for a class or trip, can I get a refund?”?
CLASSES: Full refunds will be issued ONLY for a class that has been cancelled by CTAS.
Students may request a credit voucher good for one year if they meet the following requirements:
- Contact the CTAS Office (215-887-1720) at least two (2) working days before the first class meeting for any course that meets fewer than 3 times.
- Contact the CTAS Office (215-887-1720) within 48 hours after the first class meeting for any course that meets 3 or more times.
PLEASE NOTE: An $10.00 processing fee will be applied to all credit voucher requests.
TRIPS: Full refunds will be issued ONLY for a trip that has been cancelled by CTAS.
Trip registrants may receive a partial refund (cost of the trip less an $8 processing fee) by contacting the CTAS Office (215-887-1720) at least two weeks before the scheduled trip.
Unfortunately, CTAS cannot issue vouchers or refunds because of changes in a student’s personal affairs or health beyond the time limits stated above.
- An $10.00 processing fee will be applied to all transfers.
- Please be aware that many courses have a policy of no entry after the first or second class meeting.
- Contact the CTAS Office (215-887-1720) for further information about transfers.